01 September 2016

MANGO PORK QUESADILLAS

At the point when life gets occupied, we make quesadillas!!

Alright well, I make quesadillas, occupied or not. They are for certain one of my go-to dinners when I don't have a craving for cooking, don't have a ton of time, or on the off chance that I have a group of sustenances that should be spent in the refrigerator. 
It's sort of peculiar on the grounds that back before I began the web journal I used to make quesadillas for my family at any rate once per week. They were only a quick and simple dinner that everybody enjoyed… which is obviously great when you are managing fussy eaters! My siblings are about the great combo of spiced chicken, cheddar and rice… yes! Is that bizarre, I dunno why, however I've generally put rice inside my quesadillas. I'm not certain when I began doing this, but rather for whatever length of time that I can recollect that I have dependably included rice. I can't make a quesadilla without rice. 
I just can't. 
Soo that convey me to these applewood smoked mango pork quesadillas!! Truth be told, the greater part of my siblings with the exception of Brendan would presumably preclude the delightful mangos from their quesadillas. That is their misfortune however, mango quesadillas (with rice and pork!) are the place it's at! 
So here's the arrangement. This formula is made basic by utilizing Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Marinated Fresh Pork Loin. It includes real flavor and is cooked rapidly on the stove before being added to the tortillas. At that point you should simply include some sharp destroyed cheddar, diced mango, a little rice, and after that um, more cheddar. 🙂 
Next add everything to a skillet with somewhat olive oil and… supper = DONE. 
Gracious hold up! Just about disregarded that salsa. I made a fast tomato salsa with the cherry tomatoes I've been getting from the homestead stand. I will be SO miserable when the snow hits and the homestead stand is no more. Like summer, wouldn't you be able to simply last somewhat more, please!?! 
Anyway, crisp tomato salsa is the best, just sayin,

What do you folks say? Mushy pork quesadillas for supper this evening? 
Alright, cool! 
PS. much obliged such a great amount for everybody's benevolent reactions to yesterday's post, you all are really the best!!

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1.7 pounds Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Pork Loin Filet, cut into small bite size pieces
  • 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, more or less to your taste
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 4 (6-8 inch) flour tortillas
  • 1 ripe, but firm mango, peeled + diced
  • 1 cup cooked rice or quinoa
  • 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • Cherry Tomato Salsa
  • 2 cup cherry tomatoes
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded + chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • juice from 1/2 a lime
  • salt, to taste

Instructions

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the pork and season with chipotle chili pepper and paprika. Cook, stirring often until the pork is browned all over, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat. Remove the pork to a plate.
Using the same skillet, over medium heat, add a bit of olive oil. Place 4 tortillas down on a clean counter, sprinkle each with shredded cheddar cheese, then evenly distribute the rice, and top with the chopped mango pieces. Now add the pork, cut into small bite size pieces. Sprinkle with a little more of the cheese. Place the tortilla onto the hot griddle or skillet and cover with the other tortilla. Cook until the bottom is crispy and golden brown, then gently flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden.
Serve with the tomato salsa and sliced avocado.
!Tomato Salsa
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and gently toss. Taste and season with salt if needed.




Related Posts

0 yorum: