01 September 2016

APPLE CRUMBLE PIE

Most straightforward and best ever apple disintegrate pie with a pie outside layer base, gooey cinnamon apple filling, and a sweet n' salty disintegrate finishing with melty vanilla frozen yogurt and caramel sauce.


Give me a chance to introduction this by saying that I am not a pie individual. To such an extent that I typically say, point clear, I don't care for pie. So why I am I imparting a pie formula to you today? Since this pie is DANG great. Adequate to make a pie hater ache for pie.


It's the disintegrate. That is the thing that has me snared on this pie. It resembles a hybrid of crusty fruit-filled treat and apple fresh and I LOOOOVE me some apple fresh. The warm gooey apple thing joined with that sweet n' salty rich fresh thing, in addition to the frosty and velvety vanilla frozen yogurt thing… . I can't help it. I have never, and will never turn down apple fresh. So when apple fresh comes into my life camouflaged as something I couldn't care less for – in particular pie – I don't give it a second thought. I should have it.


The details include a flaky pie crust on the bottom, gooey cinnamon-sugar apples in the middle, and that buttery crumble on the top. I couldn’t help from tossing a bit of coarse sea salt on top because all things sweet n’ salty have my heart. If you have some on hand, definitely do it. But don’t rush out to the store just for the sea salt or even worse, skip this pie just because you don’t have sea salt it in your cupboard. This pie is positively wonderful even without the sea salt. So make it. Either way just make it.





PREP TIME 15 mins COOK TIME 40 mins TOTAL TIME 55 mins

Easiest and best ever apple crumble pie with a pie crust bottom, gooey cinnamon apple filling, and a sweet n' salty crumble topping with melty vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 pie crust (your favorite homemade or store-bought)
  • 5 medium fuji or gala apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ cup sugar
topping
  • ¾ cup flour
  • ⅓ up sugar
  • 6 tablespoons chilled butter, diced
  • vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, coarse sea salt (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare your pie crust (if using homemade press into a round pie dish) and bake for 10 minutes.
  2. Stir together cinnamon and ½ cup sugar. Toss apple slices in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Arrange apples in the pie crust, trying to get them as tightly packed as you can. Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top.
  3. In a medium bowl whisk together flour and remaining ⅓ cup sugar. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or your fingers, til crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
  4. Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is golden brown. Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the top (if desired) and serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
  5. Store uncovered in the fridge up to 3 days. Individual slices can be heated in the microwave later if desired.

Related Posts

0 yorum: