31 August 2016

THE GREEN THUMB SANDWICH


A veggie sandwich bursting at the seams with herbed goat cheese, avocado, alfalfa, and more.

As far as I can recall, sandwiches have been my most loved lunch. They handle all the fundamental sustenance needs-carbs (bread), fat (mayo and cheddar), protein (regularly nectar smoked turkey, for me), and veggies (lettwice and tom toms). 

Also, I'm a beast for chips, and what goes preferred together over a decent turkey and cheddar and a major pack of harsh cream and onion chips? 


In grade school I had a fixation on these immense sub rolls. They must've been a foot long.
I requested that my mother make me one consistently for most of a year. I have a distinctive memory of one specific day in the lounge. I was sitting at a table on the most distant side of the cafeteria with my companions—the table right by eastern Africa on the enormous world guide wall painting. 

I scarfed (like, truly scarfing in light of the fact that lunch was just 20 minutes and it required me the whole investment to eat my football-sized sandwich) down my supper and expeditiously reclining on my seat and going "oof." 

I was so full. Like uncomfortably full, however in the most ideal way when you eat your most loved nourishment and each chomp was absolutely, totally justified, despite all the trouble. 


Right up 'til the present time, you can discover me eating sandwiches each day for lunch. Regardless I accept there is nothing better as a noontime supper.

This sandwich is absolutely uncommon. It begins with an incredible entire grain bread. You slather one side in herbed goat cheddar, then layer on the greens. Avocado, green peppers, horse feed sprouts, and cukes for crunch.

sprinkle of hand crafted green goddess dressing and you're on a par with gold. 

I made 2 of these sandwiches one day and spared the second for one more day. It was generally as great 48 hours after, so anticipate making a couple for the week 🙂 

I'm presently on my 24th hour of being conscious. 

I have been. 

I is? 

Better believe it, I simply hit my divider. 


At any rate, Monique and I are sitting in the Paris air terminal after our overnight flight from Boston. We're bound for Lisbon to begin our 10-day sustenance journey with Windstar Cruises! Make sure to take after along on Instagram and Snapchat: sarahfennell (and, as my grandma apropos called attention to, my name is Sarah "one-L" Fennel. But since sarahfennel was gone up against snapchat (stupid) I wasn't thinking and selected two L's rather than a number like a normal individual).
SERVES: 2 LARGE SANDWICHES
INGREDIENTS
for the yogurt dressing
  • 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon chopped basil
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
for the sandwiches

  • 4 large slices 7-grain (or another whole grain) bread
  • 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
  • ½ cucumber
  • 1 medium green pepper
  • ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
  • 1 medium avocado

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
  2. Slice cucumber, green pepper, and avocado into strips.
  3. Spread half of the herbed goat cheese on one slice of bread. Layer slice with cucumbers, then green peppers, sprouts, a drizzle of the yogurt dressing, and finally avocado. Top with second slice of bread.
  4. Repeat with second sandwich.


Related Posts

0 yorum: