31 August 2016

PUMPKIN CHAI CUPCAKES

I think Halloween is soon. I can't tell since stores began offering treat corn in July. Ju-ly. No joke. Also, since you've all been so great at staying out of the confection, I think you merit a grown-up treat. It's nice to the point that you're sparing the confection for the children. I have by and by not eaten 2 packs of confection corn, a whole sack of those caramel apple candies, and a compartment of those nectar pumpkins. I opposed all of them. Gracious, those wrappers over yonder? No doubt, I live in the nation and I have a baaad rodent issue. I've seen rats circling this spot with caramel stuck in their bristles. Fair! Somebody should let them know it's a terrible thought to eat that much treat in a week. Something lets me know they have a stomach hurt.

Along these lines, similar to I was stating, I merit a few cupcakes. A year ago, I made y'all nectar caramel corn to keep your sticky fingers out of the treat dish. (P.S. I like pumpkin now!) This year, I thought I'd make you soggy pumpkin cupcakes with chai buttercream. The cupcakes are brimming with pumpkin flavor—I packed a 1/2 measure of pumpkin into only 4 cupcakes! What's more, the chai buttercream thought I stole from Jenna at Eat, Live, Run. I want to begin my day with her chai shakes (I include a modest bunch of infant spinach and affection it considerably more).

I trust y'all have a great (and safe) Halloween.

Makes 4 cupcakes.

Ingredients
    For the cupcakes:
  • 7 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • For the chai buttercream:
  • 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
  • 4 tablespoons softened butter
  • 1 chai tea bag + 2 tablespoons boiling water (or 2 teaspoons chai concentrate syrup)
Instructions


  1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with 4 cupcake liners.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, sugar and vegetable oil. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Don't overmix.
  4. Divide between the cupcake liners and bake for 28-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  5. While the cupcakes cool, pour the boiling water over the chai tea bag and let steep for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, beat together the butter and powdered sugar until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Add the brewed tea (or chai concentrate syrup) and mix well. Frost the cupcakes when they are completely cool and serve.

Related Posts

0 yorum: