29 August 2016

MINI CHILI CHEESE DOG POT PIES

Whew. How are you all? I'm, very much, drained. We said an ambivalent farewell to our minimal old house a week ago, pressed up our little kitchen and waited over numerous a container relating the recollections we made in one home and everything that anticipates us in the following. Also, now we have organization coming tomorrow and an entire heap'a boxes to be unloaded in the visitor room, so while I have an excess of fun stuff to discuss today, I'll keep things Speedy McGee. Here goes:

1) Kicking things off (sit tight for it… ), gracious heeeeeeeeeyyy Super Bowl Weekend — how're you doin? We're not a major football family unit, but rather we are a major occasions that-move smorgies family unit, and the Super Bowl is nothing if not a reason to scoop your face loaded with chips, plunges and puppies. The last is presumably my fave (on the grounds that you know I'm only a huge softie for wieners) with my exclusive genuine hesitation being that, so regularly, frank buns truly come up short. In my true inner being, I need my bun to be delicate, feathery, pillowy white.* Ethereally light, just about melt-in-your-mouth, and cruelly without dietary worth. But then every time we start up the barbecue and I make a beeline for the business sector, I end up talking myself into something entire grain and decrepit. Something with surface and bite and substance, yes, however truly ailing in the liberality division. I don't comprehend what it is that keeps me from simply getting that enticing sack of Wonder buns, yet I can't do it. Interesting, in light of the fact that you'd think in the event that I can't legitimize wrapping my pooch in the cotton treat of the bread world, I'd disagree with tucking it under a cover of pie outside, yet obviously that doesn't bother me at all, on the grounds that…


2) CHILI CHEESE DOG POT PIES!!!! Chili. Cheese. Hot Dogs. Pie Crust. I’m not going to insult you by going into any more detail than that. Except that I opted to use a can of Skyline Chili in these as a little homage to our days in the Midwest, and my. word. If you haven’t had Skyline before, it’s spiked with the unexpected aroma of cinnamon and spice and actually dresses up these pies just enough. But, of course, any chili will do, so go with what you got. The bottom line: game day or not, a chili cheese dog in pie form is most definitely a good thing. Speaking of good things…


2) CHILI CHEESE DOG POT PIES!!!! Bean stew. Cheddar. Wieners. Pie Crust. I'm not going to affront you by really expounding than that. But that I picked to utilize a container of Skyline Chili in these as a little tribute to our days in the Midwest, and my. word. In the event that you haven't had Skyline some time recently, it's spiked with the unforeseen fragrance of cinnamon and flavor and really spruces up these pies simply enough. In any case, obviously, any stew will do, so run with what you got. The primary concern: diversion day or not, a bean stew cheddar puppy in pie structure is without a doubt something worth being thankful for. Talking about great things…

3) I'm on a podcast! Huge astonishment, I'm a silly, drifting chaos, however in the event that that is your sack, click on over to The Dinner Special (← iTunes connection) and look at my glib visit (← my scene join) with host Gabriel Soh. We discuss stuff like how we figured out how to eat well at home when Lana was only a small nug, how we've adjusted our supper routine since having a kiddo and all the insane crap I do with my $19 rice cooker. There's even a YouTube fragment where I envision I do heaps of clumsy things with my face while attempting to appear as though I'm not doing ungainly things with my face (I haven't really seen it myself, yet, yet I'm entirely sure that is a given), so whoopee! 

So it's a simple as that, affections. Back one week from now with a registration before VDay! 

xoxo, 

Em 

p.s. – searching for all the more Super Bowl formula thoughts? Look at this helpful round-up of 20 basic Super Bowl eats from the chronicles! 

* omg however truly my buns absolutely check all these crates sighhhhhh




PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME

Makes: 4 mini pot pies
Ingredients
  • 5 good quality, organic hot dogs (such as Applegate), sliced
  • ½ red onion, diced, plus extra for assembling
  • 1 can chili (we used original Skyline Chili)
  • ½ to 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
  • ½ recipe pie crust, homemade or storebought
  • sprinkling of flour, as needed (see note)
  • 1 egg beaten with a little water
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400F. Combine hot dogs, chili and diced red onion in a medium saucepan and simmer until hot dogs have plumped and onion is tender, about 10 mins. If chili is on the thin side, whisk flour into simmering mixture, just a half teaspoon at a time, to thicken slightly.
  2. While mixture simmers, flour a large surface and roll pie crust out to about ⅛" thickness. Using a small bowl or plate as a template, cut four circles from dough. (Now's the time to use leftover dough, of which you should have plenty, to cut out cutesie shapes and stuff!)
  3. Divide hot dog mixture evenly between four ramekins, layering cubes of cheese between and on top to taste. Scatter with a little more red onion. Top each ramekin with a circle of crust, pressing firmly to adhere. Brush tops with egg wash (use the egg wash as glue if affixing shapes) and slash several holes in the crust to vent steam.
  4. Arrange pot pies on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 20-25 mins or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
NOTES
We used Skyline chili in this recipe, which is on the thinner side. Because of this, I quickly whisked a sprinkling of flour into the simmering mixture to thicken the sauce a little just before taking the filling off the heat. A thicker or heartier chili will probably be fine as-is.







Related Posts

0 yorum: